What is Green House Puerto?
Green House Puerto (GHP) is a bed and breakfast located in Puerto Princesa, Palawan, Philippines. This B&B is owned by a wonderful husband and wife team, Susan and Ad. GHP features 8 rooms, which include options for singles, doubles and families. It is located on a quiet side street close to Puerto Princesa International Airport (PPS).
GHP is laid back and inviting. The rooms and common areas are well maintained and painted in bright and cheery colors.
We stayed in a deluxe double room and found it to be spacious and clean. Our room featured a queen size bed, sitting area with table and chairs, flat screen TV, air conditioner, wardrobe and ensuite bathroom with hot water shower. We appreciated the dual outlets above the bed as they allowed us to charge our phones and catch up with life on the internet each morning.
The amenities offered are perfect and help make your stay extremely comfortable and stress-free.
- Airport transfer included – Ad picked us up and dropped us off at the airport in his air conditioned van.
- Unlimited cold purified drinking water – We always found the refrigerator stocked with bottled water.
- Breakfast included – Susan prepares breakfast each morning and it is delicious. We told her we liked eggs and she prepared them many different ways for us. Accompaniments included pancakes, potato friters, and homemade frites.
- Tour/transfer booking service – Susan is well connected with local tour operators and will take care of booking for you. This includes securing permits for the Underground River Tour. She even requests the best seats in the vans so you are as comfortable as possible. This is extremely important if you plan to go to El Nido as it is a 5-6 hour ride (you do not want to smushed in the back seats).
- Wireless internet access – The WiFi was always available, although the speed was a bit slow at times.
- Daily housekeeping – Our room was cleaned and fresh towels were provided daily.
- Communal outdoor dining and indoor dining/living areas – Great if you are spending the day at GHP so you aren’t stuck in your room all day.
- Shampoo and body wash plus a convenient clotheslines in bathroom.
- In-house laundry service – Our clothes were washed, hung dry and ironed for a very reasonable fee.
- Optional dinner service – For a reasonable fee, Susan is happy to cook a delicious and healthy meal for you. We took advantage of this multiple nights as the food was wonderful.
Customer Service (5/5)
The service we received during our stay was fantastic. Susan, Ad and Inday (the housekeeper) are so warm and friendly. They strive to make your stay the best it can be. We booked through Airbnb.com and received confirmation of our booking within 6 hours. Along with our confirmation, Ad inquired about our flight information and also gave us a list of suggested activities in the area. We let him know that we wanted to take part in the Underground River tour and Susan took care of the permit and booking. Upon arrival, Susan greeted us with fresh mango smoothies! Inday was always happy to help with any requests and did so with a smile!
Our main concern is the slow WiFi speed. We were always able to connect and use email but uploading and downloading larger files was difficult.
Additionally, it would have been great if GHP had a pool. It’s hot in the Philippines and a trip into Puerto Princesa and back is enough to make you want to cool off upon your return. This would not keep us from returning, but it would have been a nice perk.
Great Big Globe Tip: Have Susan cook dinner for you. She is an amazing cook and eager to cater to your diet and taste preferences. We enjoyed a variety of seafood dishes with healthy vegetable accompaniments. Susan confirmed exactly what we would be eating the day prior, so it was something we would look forward to enjoying the following day.
For more information on this property visit the Green House Puerto website or contact them by email at email@example.com.
*All opinions given in the review are our own.